Moving files

Reaction score
Hi,

I have files and folders in my documents window. I want to move some of the files into the folders. How do I do that? I can't drag them over, because as soon s i click on the file my documents windows closes.

Reaction score
Up by the Apple Menu, what is the Word next to it?
it should say Finder.

Reaction score
I can't drag them over, because as soon s i click on the file my documents windows closes
Just checking you're in Finder.

This is not good! I can't think of any reason your Document Window would close from under you, other than a corrupt folder.

From your Home folder, can you copy (Drag and Drop) your Document Folder to another drive, burnable DVD or flash disk.

Do you have a current backup?

Reaction score
Okay. I figured it out. I was opening the document folder from the doc station. There was n option to "open in finder" which I just did. I then dragged my files into the folder I wanted without mishap. Thanks for the help. It was the importance of "finder" that gave me the clue.

dennis

Reaction score
Ah, if you're doing it from the Dock Popup Window, the important thing is to keep holding the mouse button down on the File Icon.
The "Window" will disappear but you'll still have the file to drag to the new location.

Ask a Question