Moved/deleted duplicate library folder on MacBook, shutdown, will not start up. How c

Reaction score
Okay, so I have two harddrives on my MacBook (Macintosh and Windows).
When I was on the Macintosh harddrive it said I needed to make disc space so I went about deleting files I didn't need. I saw the library folders were using a lot of gigs and they had a lot of duplicates so I moved all of the files in the library folder to the main one (under user). The other two I moved to the trash. It wouldn't let me empty the trash, and then firefox suddenly shut down and I realized I couldn't open any applications. I though restarting would help so I restarted it, but it automatically opened the windows harddrive which isn't supposed to happen. It won't let me open my mac harddrive, giving me a circle with a slash sign, and then reopening the windows. I tried opening in safe mode it did the same thing. I tried fixing it through the windows harddrive, but I don't see the mac harddrive under My Computer so I can't access it. Is there any way I can fix this by myself? Can I fix this through the windows harddrive?

Please someone help me!!

Reaction score
Re: Moved/deleted duplicate library folder on MacBook, shutdown, will not start up. H

Oh dear, this is not good. You have effective crushed your Mac OS X. When was you last full backup?

If you were using a standard account it would not have let you do this without many warnings, never use an admin account for general use.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Re: Moved/deleted duplicate library folder on MacBook, shutdown, will not start up. H

I'm not sure if when you say you have two hardirives your mean two physical drives or two partitions? I will presume you meant the latter but forgive me if I'm mistaken.

If it is that serious then I would say you need the install media that came with your Mac OR a Full Retail Software Version (Universal) and you need to back up everything on the Window's side and just reformat the entire Hard Drive and start over. You will have to create the Windows Partition again from scratch.

Please when you are up and running again in Mac OS X, create a Standard User Account and use that for your everyday use.

Ask a Question