Magic Trackpad 2 has no haptic feedback

Reaction score
Haptic feedback stopped working on a Magic Trackpad 2. I tried unpairing the trackpad, turning on/off, charging, but no luck. The mac is up-to-date (14.2.1).

Reaction score
Haptic feedback stopped working on a Magic Trackpad 2. I tried unpairing the trackpad, turning on/off, charging, but no luck. The mac is up-to-date (14.2.1).
It might help to review your settings for the Magic Trackpad. They became quite extensive with Sonoma. macOS 14.3 is out, by the way.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! I have now updated to macOS 14.3.
I have also reviewed the Trackpad settings. The haptic feedback is activated (I also tried toggling on/off), but it still does not work.
Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! I have now updated to macOS 14.3.
I have also reviewed the Trackpad settings. The haptic feedback is activated (I also tried toggling on/off), but it still does not work.
Please let me know if you have any other ideas.
How are you accessing the Trackpad settings? DO NOT used the Trackpad category at the bottom part of Systems Settings. Instead, click on Bluetooth (towards the top, under Wi-Fi. The on the right, under My Devices, locate the Trackpad and click on the circled “I” to get info. Then in the window that opens, click on Forget This Device… This will remove it from the list. Disconnect, forget, and reconnect the Trackpad so you can add and set it up anew. Hope this works. Good luck.

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue. I am going to have to create a support ticket with Apple.

Reaction score
Since you've tried unpairing, rebooting, and charging, and your Mac is up-to-date, it might be a hardware issue. Have you checked the System Preferences to make sure the haptic feedback settings haven't been accidentally altered? Sometimes updates can reset settings, and it's worth a look.
If you're considering an alternative while you sort this out, you might want to look into this touchpad. It's a large, wired device that supports multi-gestures, similar to the Magic Trackpad. It might not have the same level of integration with macOS as Apple's trackpad, but it's a reliable and affordable option. I think it's something you might like.

Ask a Question