MAcBook StartUp Problems... HELP!

Reaction score
So i've had my Macbook for 3 months now. never had problems with it before untill now.

Whenever i start up it makes the noise and then to the gray screen. It Circule indicating that it is loading... then shuts down. it restarts and dose it again.

Now i Really Hope you can fix this.
im a student in need of a computer.... HELP!

P.S. I was reading around and did the hole thing with the Command + s and all that bussiness, but it still restarted... im stuck:(

Reaction score
I've seen this happen with a Powerbook, and unfortunately it was due to a bad disk header -- which is fatal for the hard disk.

Your best bet, I reckon, is to try to get hold of another mac, hold down apple and T on the errant MBP when you start it up, and then connect by firewire to the working mac. Run disk utility and verify the disk (rather than permissions) to see if there's a major problem with the drive. If so, and if you can access the drive while you're there - back everything up and take your mac to the apple store. If there's nothing wrong with the disk, you might need to back up anyway and then try a fresh install of Leopard?

Hope that's some help

J

Ask a Question