Macbook Pro "15 2009 White Screen

Reaction score
Hello people,

Well this is my first post, I'm glad to join to this community.

This is my problem:

I have a Macbook 15" Mid-2009 Unibody which was working really well, then my hdd died so I changed it and turned it on.. The only I got was the CHIME sound and white screen.

There's not icon folder or anything.

Here's what I've tried:

1. I tried to boot into recovery or boot manager but I couldnt because my keyboard doesn't recognize any command
2. I tried to reset NVRAM, PRAM and SMC but I couldnt because my keyboard doesn't recognize any command
3. Tried another pair of RAM
4. Tried another HDD with a working installation of MAC OS X
5. I tried an external monitor but nothing happens, all I get is CHIME and white screen on my macbook
6. I left it on for hours but stays in white screen
7. I tried to start with an external HDD mac os x installation
8. I tried to use a usb keybord but doesn't work

I noted that the fancooler is working really fast (more than normal).

Thank you very much for any help you could give me.

Reaction score
When the old hard disk drive died, and you replaced it with another one, what exactly did you do to get the new drive ready?

Reaction score
Hi,

Also have you tried in Safe Mode?

To do this,
1) Make sure the Macs power supply is on and charged or charging and make sure the Mac is fully powered down, with no blinking white light on base case front.
2) Now Turn on your Mac by pressing the power key while holding down the Shift key.
3) When you see the Apple logo, release the Shift key.
4) If your Mac fully starts, restart it normally without holding any keys/buttons during startup.

Note that Safe Boot is slower to boot so it may take a few seconds more.

Ask a Question