mac mail - junk mail filter problem...

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve got mac mail version 2.1.3 (753.1). It’s hardly the most user friendly of software! Or maybe I’m thick as pig **** – we’ll find out…hopefully.

Basically, it filters my junk mail into a non-existent junk folder (doesn’t show up in my library/mailboxes folder). Previously there wasn’t even an icon (under inbox, trash etc) but in fiddling to get the icon there I’ve exacerbated the problem. I thought by having the icon there I could access the junk folder and see all my junk emails. Or, at the very least, I’d be able to see new junk emails (emails sent after I got the icon at the side). Neither transpired. Instead there’s a selection of about 5 old emails (all from one sales company) instead.

The junk filter now takes almost every new mail into my junk, and sometimes from users it has previously allowed through! I’ve started adding people to my address book before sending/receiving an email from them but that only seems to work sometimes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my work email and will stop me having to have people forward emails on to colleagues and whatnot.

Thanks
Anthony

Ask a Question