Mac laptop,white screen only with Apple motiff

Reaction score
Went to download El Capitan from Apple store onto my laptop,slowly started to download then came to a halt,just have white screen with Apple sign and the black download line beneath . Unable to do anything at all, no cursor and have tried power 'off' + option/command but just returns to the above situation. Thank you, Derek.

Reaction score
Hi,

Try this turn off mac then.
  1. Reboot your Mac
  2. Hold the Command-R keys down when you hear the boot chimes

Reaction score
Went to download El Capitan from Apple store onto my laptop,slowly started to download then came to a halt,just have white screen with Apple sign and the black download line beneath . Unable to do anything at all, no cursor and have tried power 'off' + option/command but just returns to the above situation. Thank you, Derek.
Hi,

Try this turn off mac then.
  1. Reboot your Mac
  2. Hold the Command-R keys down when you hear the boot chimes
Thanks,did try that,but made no difference,still just Apple logo and the black line showing El capitan download.

Reaction score
O.K ,have fixed the problem! Plugged in time machine,powered up and pressed 'option', gave me back all I wanted plus my 'sanity" !!

Reaction score
Hi,

Pleased to hear this, there are two main reasons why this can happen.

1. The installation has not been processed correctly.
2. The 3rd party Kexts and extensions installed in the OS X (Yosemite for example) that you upgrade over somehow can not be called. This does prevent the new El Capitan from booting normally.

Ask a Question