Lost 'Contacts'

Reaction score
I recently travelled OS and changed my sim card whileout of the country. When I returned (after 5 days) and relplaced my sim, I lost all of my contacts except for some very old and unused addresses.
I have tried to sync with my iMac but have not succeeded in regaining my Contcats list.
Can anyone help please?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is a strange issue, as your contacts aren't stored on the SIM.

-Which model iPhone?
-Which version of iOS?
-Do you have an iCloud account, and is it signed in on your iPhone?
-If using an iCloud account, can you login to icloud.com and see your missing contacts there?

C

Reaction score
Greetings C, iPhone 7plus
iOS 12.3.1
iCloud account? yes, but I do not know how to interact with the account or restore or actively work with the account. Is a bit of a mystery o_O
My phone says that I have an account but I do not know how to log in to the account - is it via iTunes?
When I get a call or msg somehow the phone recognises the caller (if they are in my original account) and the caller is identified but when I go back to my Contacts - I am not able to see the caller in my contacts.
All a mystery !

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Two things to try:
-In the Contacts app on the iPhone, tap Groups in the upper left of the screen, and make sure all are checked. If there are some that aren't, that would prevent them from being displayed in the Contacts app.
-Login to icloud.com and see if the Contacts are there.

Do you have any other accounts setup that may have held the contacts?

C

Reaction score
Many thanks Cory - I selected all iCloud in the groups page and all the groups automaticaly were selected. All my contacts are now visible but it has also resulted in the duplication of many many contacts. Obviously the iCloud has not taken account of past editing.
Notwithstanding, the contacts are now visible.
Many thanks again.
Alan

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...glad it worked.

The duplicates can be trimmed down. I would guess that some were entered when the iCloud account wasn't active, or were synced directly from the computer and iCloud simultaneously.

C

Ask a Question