Issues with windows formatted external drive connect via usb to machard drive

Reaction score
Hello I recently purchased a new hard drive to use with time machine on my mac (ppc running osx 10.5.8). I also brought an external had drive enclosure in order to connect the hard drive to my mac via usb. I got everything unpacked and connected to my mac when I realized the hard drive was formatted for windows. I then used the disk utility to erase the drive and reformat it. In the middle of this process someone inadvertently hit the light switch that controls the power in the room turning off my computer. I turned everything back on but now the external drive doesn't appear on my desktop (guess it isn't mounting). I can see it when I open disk utility and I tried to repair, erase etc but all I get are error messages. I even tried to use diskwarrior but since the external hard drive is not mac formatted diskwarrior won't recognize it. I think I need a program that will run on a mac but will recognize/ repair windows formatted hard drives. Losing data is not a factor since there wasn't any data on the drive to begin with. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ask a Question