iPhone restarts itself (iOS 10), why?

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5S, updated to iOS 10.1.1 not long ago. Today when I attempted to use it, it automatically restarted. I saw clearly it was at a 12% battery level. And no, I didn't intend to restart it, all I did was pressing the home button (as usual). To my surprise, the phone rebooted itself.

Is this normal? I've never seen this issue before. Not sure if it's a iOS 10 bug.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Is the iPhone storage full?
-Have you quit all running apps?
-Have you tried a hard reset?
-What kind of battery life are you getting?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, apologize for the late reply. I have been busy preparing for Thanksgiving :)

- No, I still have about 2 GB free space.
- I can't recall, it just happened all of a sudden. I didn't have chance to quit any apps.
- I didn't.
- It was at a 12% level when the issue appeared.

The good thing is -- after that, the problem never happens again. I think it's random. Anyway, thanks for your response and happy Thanksgiving!

Reaction score
The reason you had this problem is because when you pushed the home button on the phone, it loaded cranberry sauce all over the logic board. So the phone had to restart to dry things out. This is a common issue this time of year, especially after the user has had a few drinks. Just be happy you didn't get the gravy virus.

Reaction score
The reason you had this problem is because when you pushed the home button on the phone, it loaded cranberry sauce all over the logic board. So the phone had to restart to dry things out. This is a common issue this time of year, especially after the user has had a few drinks. Just be happy you didn't get the gravy virus.

Lol...thanks for your reply, Ormond.

Reaction score
I first thought the battery must've had a problem. Never heard of it. Thanks.

Ask a Question