SOLVED IPad Pro Shut Down

Reaction score
In the last few days, I received a refurbished iPad Pro 12.9 inch (5th Gen - Version 17.2) that I bought from Apple.

I got it all set up okay and, today, due it not behaving properly when I was trying to open a pdf file, I decided to shut it down and restart it. I pressed and held the button on the top right but all that happened was the screen blanked out, however, no matter how long or short I hold it down, the iPad still doesn’t shut down. Finally, I shut it down from Settings, and then restarted it, using the same button on the top. I then tried again to shut it down the same way but it still won’t do it.

When holding the button down for a few seconds, I notice a thin white line lowers and two switch icons appear but I can’t seem to select them. Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
I managed to get advice and it is now sorted. For anyone else who encounters the same problem, you have to press and hold both the top button and the Volume Up button.

Ask a Question