SOLVED IOS 17.4.1 update crashes router

Reaction score
After updating my iPhone 15 Pro Max to iOS 17.4.1, my router began rebooting whenever the phone connects to Wi-Fi. I've tried resetting the router and various troubleshooting steps, but the issue is related to the phone's connection. Is it possible to revert to a previous iOS version, or does anyone have insights on what could be causing this?

The router has been reset to factory settings, eliminating the possibility of odd configurations being the problem

Reaction score
What kind of router do you have?

2 things to try in the interim.

1. Try turning off Private WiFi Address. You do this by clicking the I to the right of your network name, scroll down to Private WiFi Address and toggle it off.

2. Reset your iPhone's network settings. You do this by going to Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Reaction score
I reset my phone completely in the meantime, and now everything connects normally, so I believe that it also reset the network settings as well, so that should be it. Thank you mate!

Ask a Question