Import Photo's from iPhone 5s to iMac

Reaction score
For some reason I cannot import recent photo's from my phone to my computer. When I go to import into Photos I get a message to unlock my phone, which I always do. The new photos do not appear in the import box–what's up?

Reaction score
What exact Mac model do you have? And what exact Mac OS are you running? For the Mac OS, did you upgrade to it recently? If so, did you just upgrade "in place", and what Mac OS did you upgrade from?

Reaction score
What exact Mac model do you have? And what exact Mac OS are you running? For the Mac OS, did you upgrade to it recently? If so, did you just upgrade "in place", and what Mac OS did you upgrade from?

IMac 21.5" running OS10.12.6, I recently upgraded to the newest OS from the previous OS- I always upgrade but probably upgraded in place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmm, that's strange, given that Sierra, OS 1012.6, is a very stable OS. When did this start happening? Have you done any software installations at all on your iMac?

Also, the typical questions:

1. Have you ever done an disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? By that I mean have you ever run any disk-related software to help with those tasks? There are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

2. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If yo are, what software are you using for that?

3. What third party software are you using?

Reaction score
Hmm, that's strange, given that Sierra, OS 1012.6, is a very stable OS. When did this start happening? Have you done any software installations at all on your iMac?

Also, the typical questions:

1. Have you ever done an disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? By that I mean have you ever run any disk-related software to help with those tasks? There are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

2. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If yo are, what software are you using for that?

3. What third party software are you using?
This is weird. I just took a pic with my camera and it showed up in Photo ready to download, so I know the connection is working. The problem happens when I shoot remotely and then try to import it later into Photo. I have never done disc cleanup/maintenance on this machine.

Ask a Question