iMac G5 1.8 Ghz- Applications will not quit!

Reaction score
Hey everyone- got a question for the mac GURU's

I have a G5 iMac 17" model (1.8 Ghz, 768 RAM), which I recently upgraded to leopard (this is the machine I have at work). Unfortunately, this particular machine didn't "like" leopard, and I started having a lot of very annoying problems. In any case, I hated leopard so much, I decided to re-install Tiger (currently running 10.4.11). After this "transition", my machine is suddenly having problems quitting certain applications. I can choose quit from the menu, and the program seems like it closes, but the dock still shows the application as open, and when I force quit, the program in question says "not responding". This happens consistently with iChat, iCal and address book. All other apps seem to be OK from MS office, to Adobe CS suite to iPhoto and iTunes. I did not have this problem before I upgraded to leopard, then went back to Tiger. To remove leopard, I simply used the install discs this machine came with and did an "erase and install (I believe the install discs were 10.3.9) and used my Tiger drop-in DVD to get to the version I'm at now. I've tried resetting the PMU with no luck, and have also tried resetting the PRAM with no change. I've tried repairing disk permissions both from the utilities folder with OSX running, and also booting from the install discs with no luck solving the problem. It does not matter how many times I restart- the problem is recurring and consistent. OS software and all application software is 100% up do date. iLife '08 installed. Any ideas or tips on how to make this very annoying problem go away? Thanks in advance!!

Ask a Question