I tried to pull the installer icon for TeamViewer into trash. It just disappeared.

Reaction score
Can't find it anywhere. It never ended up in the trash. X11 may have gotten involved. Worried because this app allows others to take over your computer.

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I believe it was a disk image. I had just downloaded the installer and hadn't actually run it yet. I didn't want to, when I found out what the app was all about. The technician was trying to fix a Mac Mail problem and wanted to take control of my computer. He told me to just clear my downloads and that would erase the whole thing which I did, but later I noticed there was an installer icon for this program on my desktop. I don't know what you mean by "eject." There was an arrow pointing upward as I dragged it toward the trash, but it never went into the trash.

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Disk_Image

And the Disk part is "ejected" or unmounted when you drag it to the Trash, which would have become the eject symbol. In the olden day that was how to eject a Floppy Disk, it is also another way to eject a CD or DVD, and you can even unmount a external Harddrive this way. You should away eject both Flash Disks and SD Cards too...

Ask a Question