HP Officejet 5610 AirPort Set-up

Reaction score
I am trying to set up an HP Officejet 5610 through the new AirPort Extreme (n). It is all connected fine, however there is a problem with the driver. In Printer Utility, it auto-detects the printer with Bonjour, but when I select it and click "add", it gives me error 9672. When I try to select the driver manually, the model number is not seen in the list. I have downloaded the whole driver package from HP and tried to install it, but it seems to think that the driver is currently installed. The printer is definitely compatible with OSX. How do I get this thing to work?

Reaction score
Ok, re-downloading the drivers seemed to help. Now the problem is that the "server" including the printer seems to fail even though I can still access the Internet. The only thing that seems to help that is to reset the AirPort, which is a bit of a pain.

Reaction score
mac-help

Hi there Vaan and welcome !

In a word 'no', you need the disk, then it is very easy.

If you have lost your disks Apple will replace them for a small cost, less than the price of a retail version of Tiger.

You could also take it to your local Apple Store and ask if they will help...they shouldn't charge you anything !

regards

aamir

Ask a Question