how can i shuffle the pages of a pdf document?

Reaction score
Hi there Mac Experts,

does anyone know how to shuffle the pages of a PDF Document? I’m using a Mac, and generally use Preview to look at my pdfs. I’ve tried looking into how to do this using the automator but did not see how to.

Incase it is relevant - i am a musician and sometimes use large pdf documents with several hundreds of pages listing chords and it would be useful to have some way to shuffle the pages automatically. Doing this manually, i.e., clicking and dragging a few hundred times is not preferred.

I'm guessing that there has to be some way to do this with automator but i haven't figured it out yet.

Many thanks for your time,

Peter

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That is above my experience with Automator. I know you can drag and drop them individually, but that would take a lot of time, as you mentioned, with the number of pages you have.

Maybe the folks over at MacScripter could shed some light?

Sorry I could be of more help,

C

Reaction score
thank you Cory for your time and suggestion. I think at the end of the day the desired automation is not worth the effort. I'm just going to 'bite the bullet' whenever i have to randomize pdf's and do it manually. Thank you again for your time though :)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No problem...sorry there wasn't an easier fix.

I will let you know if I think of or come across anything helpful.

C

Ask a Question