How can I populate a web form from a spreadhseet or CSV file?

Reaction score
I use a web form to enter details of product orders and the site spits out shipping labels. I have a spreadsheet with each row containing the details of each order (product, quantity, barcode, expiry, batch number) and this file can have up to 100 records that I need to paste manually into the form. I found many tutorials showing how to populate a web form with static values, but I need to figure out how to automate the following flow:
  1. Load web form URL
  2. Populate form fields with order details from spreadsheet [row 1]
  3. Click Submit
  4. Use save dialog to download label as PDF
  5. Reload web form URL
  6. Populate form fields with order details from spreadsheet [row 2]
  7. Click submit
  8. Use save dialog to download label as PDF
  9. Repeat automation for all spreadsheet rows
  10. END
I'm getting stuck trying to understand which Automator tools I should be using for this task. If anyone could give me a hint on which actions/variables I shoud use to get started then I can probably figure out the rest. I've poured through as many tutorials as I could find, but I'm out of ideas.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately that is above my experience with Automator/Apple Script. Maybe the folks over at MacScripter could lend a hand.

C

Ask a Question