Hide Message Conversation in Mojave

Reaction score
I know that I can delete a conversation in Mojave's Message, but how do I hide a conversation from the list without deleting it?

It was clear in High Sierra how to do this, but not in Mojave.

Much thanx.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You could ensure that Save history when conversation is closed is checked in Messages > Preferences... > General. Then, when you close a conversation, it is saved and invisible until a reply is made. Was there another way to hide a conversation that you were using in High Sierra?

C

Reaction score
Thank you for getting back to me. In High Sierra there is an option to "Close" a conversation without deleting it. But that option isn't in Mojave. I looked at your suggestion, which looks like it would work, but I've attached a screen shot of the General Preferences page and I can't activate the "Save history when..."check box." Does Keeping Messages Forever accomplish the same thing -- the entire string appears in a later message even if the conversation is deleted

Thank you very much. Michael
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 7.20.26 AM.jpg

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Not sure...I don't have access to my Mojave MBP today. I will check on it and let you know tomorrow.

C

Reaction score
Thank you very much...there's no rush, but I do think Mojave may have taken a step backward (or made the "Save" and not delete process very obscure.)

Michael

Reaction score
Thank you for giving me something to look forward. However, my optimism is a bit muted since over a 1 1/2 ago I reported a Siri bug (even tech support said, "Wow." when he tried it.) And it still hasn't been corrected. Hope springs eternal. And thank you for replying.

Michael

Reaction score
You're welcome, Michael. More and more issues with Mojave are being revealed, especially with Safari. And that 10.14.1 release did not seem to indicate anything "earth shattering" is being added/corrected.

Reaction score
As much as I like Apple products (we converted to all Apple 4 years ago after 32 years of PCs and Microsoft), and as good as their tech support is, Apple seems very slow to respond to customer suggestions or even bug reports.

Ask a Question