Help with infamous Keychain PW on 10.4.7

Reaction score
Hello Macsters. I need help with a very bothersome keychain password. I don't know it. I know my system admin password, but apparently the keychain password is a different animal. The main issue is with Safari. Every time I try to hook-up a high-speed internet connection and start Safari, I am challenged for a keychain password. My admin password doesn't work and just clicking OK doesn't work either (i.e. leaving the password blank). I don't know what the keychain could be, didn't even know the system had a keychain password. How can I disable or otherwise over-ride the whole keychain deal? Please tell me there is a solution different from initializing the hard drive and re-installing all software. Thanks!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

the best way I can think of, is to go to Applications-->Utilities and open an Application called "Keychain Access".

Once this has opened you can go through your Keychains, and delete them.

Then when you are next asked for them they will be 'your' password.

There is a repair utility built into Keychain Access, but it's easier to just delete the rogue ones...

keychain-access.jpg

regards

Ric

Ask a Question