Help I lost all my utilities and native apps...

Reaction score
Any mac tech savvy people I need a little help..

I had my HD crash so I went and bought a new one and installed it today and restored from a Time Machine back up everything seems to work except all the native applications that the OS usually has like iTunes, System Preferences Address Book, iCal, iPhoto etc etc all will not open at all and are now question marks on my dock.. iTunes I was able to fix by just downloading from the website but none of the others whenever I try to open them I get an error similar to this "You can't use this version of the application DVD Player with this version of Mac OS X. You have DVD Player 5.0.3." please help... It is weird because it seems that my folder that usually would be under my user name is missing like all the utilities and such.. I am so confused. The only way I can find them is by using spotlight to search for them and they are all in a "previous systems folder" and I can't seem to get all the correct updated versions of them back... They didn't restore when I did the Time Machine Restore...

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try Software Update .... if you haven't already. As for the question marks in the Dock, you could try holding down the Command key and double-clicking the question mark and that might restore the alias .... otherwise just go to your Applications folder and drag the app down onto the Dock to restore it's alias there.

Ask a Question