Getting music to quit from another site.

jmw

Reaction score
I was on a game site and now when I go to play a uTube or any site that involves audio, I am getting a background of music from the game site. How do I get rid of this? Thank you.

Reaction score
You need to tell us 1) what exact OS you are using, and 2) what browser you are using. Then, we can help you better. But, I'm guessing either the History files of the browser need to be cleared, or the browser's cache file needs to be cleared out, or both.

jmw

Reaction score
You need to tell us 1) what exact OS you are using, and 2) what browser you are using. Then, we can help you better. But, I'm guessing either the History files of the browser need to be cleared, or the browser's cache file needs to be cleared out, or both.

Thank you of answering my post. I am using Safari as my browser and my MAC is 10.7.5

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't use Safari, but I suspect there is a way to clear out history and/or cache files. I actually just launched the version of Safari I have with OS 10.10.2, and under the Safari menu, there is a choice called "Clear History and Website Data". Not sure, though, what is available in the version you are using. Hopefully, someone else with more Safari experience can help you better. (I use Google Chrome, and there is a menu choice under the Chrome heading that offers me the opportunity to clear out various "things", including Cache files).

Last edited:

jmw

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't use Safari, but I suspect there is a way to clear out history and/or cache files. I actually just launched the version of Safari I have with OS 10.10.2, and under the Safari menu, there is a choice called "Clear History and Website Data". Not sure, though, what is available in the version you are using. Hopefully, someone else with more Safari experience can help you better. (I use Google Chrome, and there is a menu choice under the Chrome heading that offers me the opportunity to clear out various "things", including Cache files).

I checked my History file and there is alace where I can clear the history. I think I will try that and see if it helps. Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it.

Reaction score
You're most welcome! I hope that works. But, a number of applications maintain cache files, and for browsers, those are separate from history files. Actually, I just did a google search of "clearing cache files in safari", and this link was helpful:

https://guides.instructure.com/m/4214/l/60429-how-do-i-clear-my-safari-browser-cache

Hopefully, it looks the same (or similar) in the version you are using.

By the way, do you have the last, updated version of Safari for OS 10.7.5? In case you don't, you can get it from here:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15675/apple-safari

Note that the version you want, 6.1.6, is listed under the "Related Links" heading. You can just click on that link to download that version, if you need it.

Please let us know if that works.

Ask a Question