Get folder contents error- not supplied correct data?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have created an application workflow to rename a folder full of images. The workflow begins with a drag and drop of the folder onto the application icon, the folder is first duplicated (Step 1) and then the new folders name is changed suing Replace Text (Step 2).

Following this are 2 user questions to create variables that are applied to file naming (Step 3-6).

After this I need to call back the folder created in Step 1 into the workflow which is where it falls down.
It makes no difference if the folder is not renamed at the Step 2.

I'm not sure how to call up the folder that was created at the first steps?

I have tested the same workflow by removing steps 3-6 and it works perfectly.
I have also tried moving the Step 3-6 to the very top but then the application does not start at all.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.
Kate

Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 11.39.10 am.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 11.38.47 am.png

Reaction score
Automator can't do that, it's 2 workflows 1 to change the Folder name the other to do the files.

Check out AppleScript, it will do this.

Reaction score
because Rename Folder Items feeds into get folder contents.

See the little pointy down bit that connects the workflows, it has to run from top to bottom, yours now has a break at step 3.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Kaveman,
I assumed that was the case, but is there a way to "run through" steps 3-6 so that the input from Step 2 feeds into Step 7?
Or alternatively can the folder be named as a variable that is then called up i step 7?

Reaction score
I fixed it!
After Step 2- Rename Finder Items I added "Set Value of Variable" to set the new folder name as a variable to input later on.
Then after step 6 I added "Get Value of Variable" to feed it back into the workflow!

Hooray!

Ask a Question