Final Cut Express tries to connect to old Mac

Reaction score
Hello.
I recently bought a new MacBook Pro and started the tiresome process of transferring the programs/files/settings etc. from my old Mac. (Almost) everything went fine and all my programs work - except one!

Whenever I try to run Final Cut Express, it pops up with a message saying that Final Cut/my new computer can't connect to my old computer - the one which I transferred the program from. I've searched around on the web, and other people have had this problem (although with other programs), and I've tried every possible solution listed, but ... it .. still doesn't work.

I've looked in the Users & Groups settings, tried various sudo commands in Terminal, opened Console while trying to run FCE to possibly spot the root of the problem, deleted FCE and everything related to it, and re-installed, but ... it .. still doesn't work. Even after re-installing, it still says it's trying to connect to my old Mac.

I really need FCE work again, and I'm not interested in buying Final Cut Pro or any other editing software. Also, the thing is, the old Mac it's trying to connect to doesn't actually "exist" anymore, as I formatted it and gave it to my sister, so it has a new name etc.

So, please, mac-help forum, can you help a desperate and frustrated young man? (sorry for the long post, I just realized that now)

Ask a Question