Excel to Numbers

Reaction score
I have a great deal of spreadsheets done with MS Excel 2007, and since I'm trying to get completely away from Microsoft, I need these spreadsheets to work with numbers. One in particular is the sheet for my twice-daily blood sugar tests. The Excel spreadsheet is set up for me to enter in the blood sugar level, and it automatically posts the current time. I've not been able to modify the formula needed. I'm no programmer, and know VERY little about the in-and-outs of spreadsheets.

Here is the way the spreadsheet is set up:
Code:
        A          B             C                    D             E                
1       Date     Level       Time               Level       Time       
2       12/31     104         06:00 AM        116         12:12 PM
and here are the formulas:

Code:
        A          B             C                                    D             E
1     Date     Level       Time                                      Level       Time
2                           =IF(ISBLANK(B2),"",IF(C2="",NOW(),C2))                =IF(ISBLANK(D2),"",IF(E2="",NOW(),E2))

I'd be grateful for ANY help anyone could give.

Thanks in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Numbers?
-Is the timestamp the only function that is not working?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

1. El Capitan (10.11.2)
2. Numbers v3.6.1

The timestamp is the ONLY formula in the sheet. I kinda jury-rigged it so that it would enter the correct time when the blood level was entered, but it changed with the changing of the clock (KEPT on being NOW() ) and wouldn't keep the original timestamp.

Reaction score
As much as I am trying to get away from MS, I had go ahead and get MS Office. I have TO MANY Excel spreadsheets, and can't afford to lose them. Now, I need a DECENT replacement for Publisher. iStudio is the closest I have found so far. Any suggestions? (Freebies, if possible-I know, ya get what ya pay for, but I'm broke, so...)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry you had to purchase Office. ;)

I answered your other question above in your other post.

C

Ask a Question