Downloading fro iPad to computer

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have tried on several occasions to download material from an iPad to my computer (Mac mini late 2012 running Catalina 10.15.7)
without success. I have checked the apple web site help and it says connect the two and then go to the finder. I do this but nothing is there.

Where am I going wrong?

Many thanks.
Bushy.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I am not trying to sync anything.
There are notes reminders etc that I ant to move from the iPad to my Mac computer.
As you say I should see an iPad in the Finder but sadly I do not. I have no other details in the finder apart from those on the image below. Should I be using a different cable for the correct connection? I am using the one I connect and charge with.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 10.18.55.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 10.18.55.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 69

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

You could use iCloud to sync Notes and Reminders, as that is the easiest method.

You should see the iPad in Finder by opening a Finder window at looking in the Locations section:

Finder-Device-management-1.jpg

You will probably need to unlock and then tap Trust This Computer on the iPad when you connect it.

C

Ask a Question