Copying file from mounted disc image.

Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to copy a file from a mounted .iso file but it says i don't have permission to do so ( error code -39).

Is there any way round this?

Thanks in advance.

George.

Reaction score
Hi,

Try this,

1) Right-click on the desktop disk image and select Get Info.
2) Sharing and Permissions will appear at the bottom of the resulting dialog.
3) Before you can change them, you will likely need to click the little padlock icon below the list of permissions to unlock them.
4) Enter your password when prompted.
5) Click the Read only entry next to everyone, and select Read and Write, then close the dialog box.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it's not that simple!

It says in that section 'you can only read' with no padlock etc.

Is there still anyway to copy a file from this disc image?

Reaction score
OK,

Have you tried this route.
1) Click the "Go" menu from the OS X desktop. Scroll down and select the "Utilities" option.
2) Double-click the "Disk Utility" icon from the list to open it.
3) Click "File" and then select "Open Disk Image." Navigate the browser window to select the .ISO image you want to extract. The disc image icon will mount and appear on the desktop.
4) Double-click the ISO disc image on the desktop. Drag and drop ( not copy and paste) the file from the window that appears to any other folder on your hard drive.

Reaction score
It's still not working. I can copy some of the files from the drive but it will get to a certain file and say it cannot be copied. So it's one particular file on the disk.

Ask a Question