COD4 Modern Warfare unable to voice chat

Reaction score
I am trying to voice chat in COD4 Modern Warfare but not having any success. I've tried several mics: the internal, one that plugs into the headphone jack and one USB. All work in System Prefs, all work when testing them in the Steam program. Once I try in the actual game no one can hear me. In fact, no one can see my chat icon either while I can. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any insight!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not much of a gamer, so I haven't run into this. Sounds more like an issue in COD. Maybe one of the gaming forums would have more information about that issue?

C

Reaction score
Hey, @Fastbear2112!

Hope you've been able to solve the issue by now. If not, here are a few tips for everyone experiencing similar issues:
My first suspicion would be the in-game voice chat settings - they can be a bit finicky at times. Make sure they're not just on, but also synched with your chosen microphone.

Also, remember to check if you've accidentally hit the mute button in the heat of battle - it happens to the best of us!

One more sneaky culprit could be your firewall or antivirus. Sometimes they don't play nice with the game's voice chat.

Hope this helps somebody!

Ask a Question