Chrome and Firefox Link Issues

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro running Sierra 10.12.2 and I am unsure if my problem is mac related or browser.

When I try and open a link to a photo slideshow it reloads the page instead and adds a #. (www.example.com/projects/ ---> www.example.com/projects/#)

However, this only happens when using Chrome and Firefox but Safari opens them just fine. So is there a mac setting that allows Safari to open the pop-up or should I go and individually contact each browser company?

Reaction score
First, were you having this issue with any prior version of the Mac OS?

Secondly, the most current versions of those browsers are:

Google Chrome - Version 57.0.2987.110

Firefox - V 52.0.1

Third, there is amore recent version of Sierra, OS 10.12.3, which was released a couple of months ago. You can get the OS 10.12.3 Combo Updater from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1905?locale=en_US

Hopefully, though, you are making backups to an external device, along with performing disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs.

Reaction score
First, were you having this issue with any prior version of the Mac OS?

Secondly, the most current versions of those browsers are:

Google Chrome - Version 57.0.2987.110

Firefox - V 52.0.1

Third, there is amore recent version of Sierra, OS 10.12.3, which was released a couple of months ago. You can get the OS 10.12.3 Combo Updater from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1905?locale=en_US

Hopefully, though, you are making backups to an external device, along with performing disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. I didn't have this problem at all a couple months ago and I was still on sierra then.

Also I know I am updated on the browsers but was unaware of the sierra update, which I will download. I am trying to do maintanance but still need that external back-up. Again, though, thank you for the reply.

Reaction score
I don't know if updating to OS 10.12.3 will resolve your issue, but disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, and backups, are really important.

Ask a Question