Can't go to a previous page

Reaction score
I operate OS 10.5.8 on an iMac.

Last week, an ATT technician installed a new modem. About that time (1) I was unable to go to a previous page, had to quit & reopen. (2) My Airport network would disappear every time the computer was turned off or went to sleep. I have to join a new network & type in the network & password. ATT says that this is Mac problem & they can’t fix it.

I have tried everything I can think of, including resetting the Pram, Installing OS 10.5.1 from a disk, etc. Nothing works. I would prefer to stay with OS 10.5.8 because I use software compatible with it.

Please help!

Reaction score
Hi,

To me it sounds like there is a problem / issue re modem talking to devices. Do you get drop outs on phones or iPads?

Reaction score
Hi,

To me it sounds like there is a problem / issue re modem talking to devices. Do you get drop outs on phones or iPads?
My wife's macbook does not have the problem. Have not noticed any problem with the phone.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have to join a new network & type in the network & password

I am very baffled by this as Macs are renowned for retaining network information.

Possibly try this.
Open the Keychain Utility and delete any reference to the wireless router you find. Then quit. Now turn off the wireless interface and turn it back on to see if it helped. If not, turn off the wireless and repeat the first step. Then open the Network Preferences and create a new Location (choose Edit Locations from the Location menu, hit the plus sign, and give it any name you want). Now try it again.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
ATT says that this is Mac problem & they can’t fix it.

Exactly what steps have you done with your ISP to try to resolve this?

Have you had your ISP walk you through removing all the information from the modem's home page then re-entering it again fresh.

Have you tried using an ethernet cable to check whether the internet still drops out?

How far are you from the router?

Ask a Question