can't eject cd

Reaction score
So, I was in the process of burning a CD when I realized I didn't have all the tracks I wanted on it so i cancelled the burn. Now the CD won't eject. I've restarted the computer, tried ejecting from itunes, the CD isn't showing up on the desktop, and I tried ejecting it from Terminal.

I'm on an iBook G4 and haven't ever had a problem like this before. Anybody know how I can get this CD out??

Reaction score
Also, I tried to burn something onto the CD that's stuck in there and it says "Disc Burner or Software not found."

Is it possible that I have to reinstall the drive or something? Normally it would say "Please insert blank cd"

Reaction score
Hoorah! Holding down the trackpad as the computer turned on worked quite well and now things are fixed.

Reaction score
If that hadn't worked you could try to press a paperclip (or other tiny long thing) into the right of the CD-slot. There should be an emergency eject lever there, I think.

Ask a Question