Can’t open my data on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
My laptop Pro stopped opening my microsoft project since yesterday. I had updated OSx, and after it happened. I've no idea why to release updates which spoilt other apps, but it is the fact. I have to extract data from my project. Microsoft can't help me.

Reaction score
Need to ask a number of questions:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

3. Have you ever done an disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? By that I mean have you ever run any disk-related software to help with those tasks? There are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

4. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If yo are, what software are you using for that?

5. Besides Microsoft Project (is that Project 2016?), what other third party (ie, non-Apple) software do you have? For those that you have, did you insure that they are compatible with the Mac OS you are running?

6. How much free space do you have on your internal drive?

7. If you have either MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed, you need to get rid of them IMMEDIATELY. Either of them cause more harm than good, and there are a number of excellent freeware programs that do as good, or in some cases, better job than either of them. And they are proven, reliable, and rock solid.

8. How did you upgrade to the Mac OS you are using? Did you just upgrade "in place", ie, have the new Mac OS basically overwrite what was on your machine already?

Reaction score
I don't have enough experience in searching for solutions or articles on the Internet. But I had to use some search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing and what I dug up there... https://onlinefile.repair/en/project.html - as I found out from contacts of this resource, group of programmers created it, but I'm afraid of doing it immediately, because it is new thing for me. What opinion do you have about this masterpiece? Can I use it for my case? If someone applied it, share your thoughts how it works and how much it might be effective.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any resolutions from Microsoft - I can't realize why such huge corporation doesn't care about safety of data of their customers like me, like you. This question for me now doesn't have an answer. If someone owns this information, inform me, please.

I wasted several valuable hours of my spare time and I've no idea who or what could return me these very hours. Pats, I hope this time or next time you'll be more sympathetic to problems of strangers on your community.

Reaction score
The questions/comments/suggestions, etc., that I made above were for your benefit, and also to hep us provide some additional guidance/assistance. But without this information, that is difficult for us to do.

Additionally, when you stated that you updated the Mac OS (I asked what Mac OS you have now, and also how did you do the update), there is also the consideration of the compatibility of all your third party (ie, non-Apple) software that you use.

Ask a Question