Calendar app & Google calendar synch

Reaction score
I would like to synch my Mac Calendar app with Google calendar...primarily because from what I've read it seems it will make things easier to use from wherever whenever. From the calendar app on my Mac, I imported a bunch of iCal events that I had on another computer. The defaulted to my Google calendar which is set up as the default calendar, I discovered. However, when I log into Google from my browser, I don't see any of those calendar events. I also have other calendar events that are either entered into my Mac calendar or via iCloud. I'd like to have everything synched so I can see all events from my Mac, my iPhone and if I ever use Google calendar (which I haven't, but I anticipate I may if people send me invites that way.) When I go to Preferences in Calendar, I see that Google is an account already added, with the Mail and Notes account features checked on the right. I tried clicking on the Calendar account feature box and it never gets checked. How can I get that fixed?

Reaction score
I don't use that functionality, although I do use Google Chrome on both of my Macs. Here, though, is a link which resulted from a google search of "How to sync Apple Calendar app and Google Calendar app":

https://www.google.com/search?q=How...iLbSAhXqiVQKHQZlDJQQvwUIGSgA&biw=1280&bih=793

One of those says this:

"Check that calendar is synced
  1. Open the Google Calendar app .
  2. In the top left, tap Menu .
  3. In the top right, tap Settings .
  4. Tap the name of the calendar that isn't showing up. If you don't see the calendar listed, tap Show more.
  5. At the top of the page, make sure Sync is on (blue)."
Hopefully that helps.

Reaction score
Thank you, honestone. I have been able to synch my Apple Calendar app with Google calendar. So I can enter an event in either and it will show up in both. But it is not showing up on my iPhone. And that's because the Google calendar is basically only synched with the Apple Calendar app. But if I enter an event into one of the calendars listed under iCloud, then it does show up on my iPhone. I guess I'm looking for a 3-way sync...any help there? The other idea is to just forget Google calendar altogether. I don't use it but was only trying to set it up since I use Gmail, and if people send me calendar invites via Gmail, then I could accept them and have them hopefully show up in my Apple Calendar and iPhone. If I can still just accept the invites and have them go to my Apple Calendar and iPhone, then I'm OK with that.

Ask a Question