Bunch of problems, possibly linked to ancient Battery Updater

Reaction score
hey guys,

about a month ago i was scrolling through my applications folder, and i saw the G4 Battery Updater program. i opened it, but it wouldn't work, so i closed it and thought nothing of it. then weird things started to happen. i started up my computer one day, and it acted as though it was right out of the box. it still had all the programs and files, but i needed to configure a bunch of stuff again. my idisk, which ive never used, appeared on my desktop and i cant get rid of it. some of my games needed to be re-registered, and i dont have the cases with me anymore, so now i cant play them. and whats worse, i was watching a dvd last week, and halfway through it, a thing popped up and told me that my startup disk was full, even though i wasnt copying or downloading anything. then the dvd player said that the global player settings were messed up or something and changes couldnt be saved. so basically whenever i watch a dvd it somehow eats up all my free space. it eventually returns to normal, but its so annoying! i dont even know if the battery updater has anything to do with it, but its the only thing i can think of. is there anyone that can help me?

-Ry

Ask a Question