Bootcamp update problem. Very confused.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been trying to upgrade Bootcamp on my Windows 7 partition to be officially compatible with Windows 7, but I've been having some problems:

I have a Macbook Pro (Mid 2009) and I'm running Windows 7 on Bootcamp. I just got the new OS yesterday.

However, I know only certain versions of Bootcamp officially support Windows 7. I checked the version of my Bootcamp on my Mac OSX partition, and it was version 3.0 (.6 or .something, but 3.0 for sure).

But the Bootcamp on my Windows 7 partition is 2.2, a version that I'm told does NOT support Windows 7 even though everything seems to be working fine.

My Macbook Pro OSX is now version 10.6, but when I bought it, it was 10.5 still. I guess through Apple Software Updates, I've upgraded it since then. And the disc that came with it is MAC OS VERSION 3.5.7. This is the disc I used to install the drivers on my Windows 7 partition.

So my question is, if Bootcamp on the mac side is 3.0, how do I get the Windows 2.2 Bootcamp to be 3.0 as well so that I can continue to update it and be officialy compatible with Windows 7.

Thanks a lot,
- Lucas

BTW: When I click Apple Software Update while in Windows 7 it says I'm up to date.

And could the old Bootcamp version be responsible for slower speed on the OSX side of things by any chance?

Reaction score
No Bootcamp has nothing to do with the speed of your Mac. Is your HDrive getting full?

Reaction score
Nope, lots of space. I think I'm just going to have to bite the 25$ bullet and buy snow leopard CD. It seems like the only way around it.

Ask a Question