Big problem (really)

Reaction score
Okay I've got a lot of problems...
I've got a 2010 MacBook Pro, with 4 Go RAM, a 300 Go hard drive an a 2,66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.
This summer, I had a job experience which involved a looooot of After Effects, Photoshop and Cinema 4D, but my hard drive broke (I managed to re-install the OS once to get my files back, but could not even detect the drive at the starting by pushing alt). I really needed a mac so I took a 1 To external drive and made 2 partitions. I used the first for backups and I installed on the second Mac OS X Mountain Lion, and set it as the starting drive. Unfortunately, on this "new" mac,
-I can't open the app store ( the message written on the app store window says I'm not connected to internet, which I am)
-When I go on internet, there is a certificate problem, even for google, and some websites like facebook open but they are almost in html language (no pictures, no colors, no flash...)
-Since a couple of weeks, I can't connect with wifi, I see the networks, I can valid the WPA password, but it can't connect, there's a "!" on the wifi logo. I checked by login in on a working computer, same problem so I think it's not a device problem.

Thanks a lot for reading it and more for helping me

ps: If it changes anything, I live in France.

Reaction score
pps: I managed to install Mavericks on it to see if there ise any changes, but with no success

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly try this,
1) trash the '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration' folder

2) empty the Trash

3) shutdown the MBP and leave shutdown for 30 to 40 seconds

4) startup the MBP and select your network from Airport

5) put the MBP to sleep, wait another 30 to 40 seconds

6) wake the MBP and ensure that Airport had established a connection to the network then reset your network as the preferred network.

Ask a Question