Automator question

Reaction score
Hello,

So here is my situation (i'm willing to hire work if doable). I work with photoshop a ton and use tons of photoshop actions to perform tasks. What i need sometype of application that can use excel and photoshop together to preform actions. Here is an example

I have a local folder with 10 items in the folder (1.psd, 2.psd etc). In an excel i would create 5 columns, 1,2,3,4,5. Based on the values for these different columns i would need certain photshop actions triggered then saved into a new folder (folder2). So if column 1 has a value of "Balloon" and column 2 has a value of "hat" i would need photoshop to run the balloon and hat action.

Is this something suitable for automator? If so, if anyone is looking for some side work i'd be willing to discuss a project.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am afraid that is far beyond my experience with Automator/AppleScript. Maybe the folks over at MacScripter could lend a hand? I have a feeling it would require a lot of custom scripting that I just don't have the ability to even begin to compile. ;)

C

Ask a Question