Automator: How Do I Grab A Date...

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Novice here. I want to grab a date from a webpage (after I log in manually) and have Automator create a Calendar Event for each of the days that week so I don't have to enter my schedule into Calendar by hand. I think I should be able to do this using Automator.

Problems:
My schedule is posted on-line.
The events do not all include date and time.
The schedule is displayed below the first day of the week and is organized by days of the week.
It looks like this:

Week beginning Sep 27, 2014
Monday 1:00PM - 11:00 PM
Tuesday 00:00 - 00:00
Etc...

Each of these time are in a separate field.

I couldn't wrap my mind around how I would get Automator to recognize a full date (Day/Month/Year plus start time and end time) from this so I made a spread sheet in Numbers that has a Week Beginning field and days of the week that pull the date from this field and add +1, +2, +3 etc as appropriate. If I can get Automator to pull this data from the webpage and move it into the right data field in Numbers then I will have the date for each day of the week at the top of column. Then, if that works, I can have Automator pull the times for each field and place them in the right fields (start time and end time) in the column below the date field. Then I would have the right information to create Calendar Events. Then it should be easy to have Automator make Calendar entries.

What do you think?

This would not be needed at all except m company made the kind soul who have developed a Safari Extension that pulled the data to a server and then fed it back to Calendar.app pull his extension and shut down his server. Now I am trying to make a solution that does the same thing that I could share with coworkers that doesn't use an extension. I think this made my company nervous.

E

Reaction score
If I can get Automator to pull this data from the webpage
I think parsing web pages is difficult. Automator can't do it. You may be able to do it with an AppleScript, a RSS feed would be better.

Ask a Question