Auto Saving Files to Different INTERNAL Drive

Reaction score
I have a Power mac G4 and I just installed a second INTERNAL hard drive (500 gig) because my original hard drive is full. I want to know how to have my Mac auto save files, like iTunes files, to the new drive without having to move the files manually.

I am running Mac Ox X - 10.5.8.

Any help from fellow man, or woman, would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Yes, you can move the Libraries.

iTunes has a Preference to point it to the location and iPhoto you just double click it and it will remember.

Reaction score
I have moved the iTunes files/folder and set the iTunes preference to the new hard drive but all of my iTunes songs have a ! (exclamation point) next to all songs, it seems like I will have to manually link all 4500 songs.

Could use a touch more help.

Thanks.

Reaction score
It depends on your version, I don't have one that old to test.

Try holding down Option on launch and see if that gives you some repair options.

If you don't have many Albums, the easiest fix it to delete all the references. Ensure Copy Files to Library is unchecked and drag and drop the folder with the all music files onto iTunes. This will rebuild the database with the right Paths.

Reaction score
All is well. Once I found one iTunes audio file manually, I got the Mac spinning wheel of color, I thought this meant the iTunes app was going into crash mode, turns out it was sincing all 4500 tunes and that took some time.

Thanks again for your time.

Ask a Question