Apple Mouse Browser Issue

Reaction score
I dont know when it started but when I click on a URL in any browser, it always brings up a sub menu of whether I want to open it in a new tab or a new page. Sometimes there are totally different questions. All I want the damn thing to do is to take me to the URL. It wasnt always like this. I have a 2012 iMac and I have upgraded the operating system as they have been released. I am now running El Capitan 10.11.4

Does anyone one if this is a setting that can be changed or was it a new feature of the OS upgrades?

Perplexed in Florida

JohnG

Reaction score
That is a strange one, John, and especially that it happens with any browser (I assume you mean the 3 most popular ones on Macs: Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome). I use Logitech mice on both of my Macs, and am not having this issue (I also am on OS 10.11.4, and all my software is up to date).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Using Bluetooth Apple Mouse. When I click on a URL, I just want to go there not always be given a sub-menu. It hasn't always done this.

Ask a Question