All 4 of my external Lacie Hard Drives are not showing up!

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have 4 external hard drives, all Lacie drives, that have all worked perfectly every day for the last 3 years!

Now, this morning, none of them are showing up on my desktop!
It's just not acknowledging them there.
I've gone to disk utility and this confirms it, as all that is shown is the computer internal drive.

Sometimes this has happened before, though very infrequently, BUT has always displayed again when I've taken the lead out and put it back in again.
BUT not this time!!! Computer off and on again 7 times ... no luck!

Please help! :(

Reaction score
Hi
1: do they show up in system profile?
2: how are they connected USB/Firewire?
3: which OS are you using?

Reaction score
I had a problem with my LaCie HD and after much investigation/panic/scouring the internet found that it was the adaptor lead that was faulty (overheating). I contacted LaCie and they told me that that is a 'known issue' - but they wouldn't replace it! I replaced it myself and the problem disappeared. I don't know if this is the problem with yours, but thought I'd mention it anyway as it can be quite difficult to find out what's wrong and this seems to happen with LaCies quite often.
--Richard

Reaction score
I had a problem with my LaCie HD and after much investigation/panic/scouring the internet found that it was the adaptor lead that was faulty (overheating). I contacted LaCie and they told me that that is a 'known issue' - but they wouldn't replace it! I replaced it myself and the problem disappeared. I don't know if this is the problem with yours, but thought I'd mention it anyway as it can be quite difficult to find out what's wrong and this seems to happen with LaCies quite often.
--Richard

Thanks Richard.
I hope I've fixed the problem now anyway.
It seems that one or two work better going straight into the computer, some via the hub. The firewire port broke off one of them as I was trying to fix it! Luckily it works via the ethernet port so I connected that via USB ... luckily it's working at the mo.

Ask a Question