A strange printing problem

Reaction score
since upgrading to OS X 11 I have a elicited a very strange problem. I print directly to CDs/DVDs on my Epson 7200, which I have been doing quite successfully for quite some time. I use a piece of software from Magic mouse.com called Discus, now I can create the design and when I get to the print section absolutely nothing happens. I have done some investigating even going to drive where I have a virgin copy OS 10.11 where it prints quite happily. On returning to my usual drive, I have the same problem. I can communicate with the printer via USB I can also print from a word document. The printer does not appear on the system report from the Apple menu but it does appear in the preferences. I have changed USB connections and a rapidly running out of ideas. Could somebody think of something blindingly obvious that I have missed.

Thanks guys

Reaction score
hello Corey

Nice to here from you again, it's been a long time. Thanks very much for your valuable input, I have found my own get around for this problem. Canon in their infinite wisdom apparently don't do drivers for OS X .11 or 10.10. I was a bit peeved about this so I thought I would try the drivers that can and do supply for thepixma IP 7250, which does support 10.11. I installed it and lo and behold it installs drivers for the 7200 series. I tried the printer and everything works fine. I only use this printer for directly printing to CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray discs. I'm just glad all is now working

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad it's sorted...normally outdated drivers won't work in a newer OS, but it sounds like you solved it.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question