Windows XP on an Intel Mac !

Ric

Reaction score
...have we got any takers !

I am waiting for the new "iBook" to come out...then maybe Wifey will get one and I can put it on there !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I haven't got an Intel Mac I'm afraid, otherwise I would be trying it out at least. Although I am not so sure really Ric, because with Windows XP it will be wide open to all the normal Windows vulnerabilities etc - and I will have to load on all the protection - it kinda defeats the object do you not think?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Sarah,

It does, but virus's etc wouldn't be able to 'jump' from one OS to the other...

There are quite a lot of Applications that I use...that only run on Windows so I have to have a PC...Virtual PC has never worked well for some of the Apps I use.

So, for me to be able to Partition the Drive and have OS X on one partition and Windows on another, it's really good !

I hate having to spend money on PC laptops they rarely last over a year, the build quailty on everyone I've had, has been terrible.

The HP one I have at the minute is nearing the end of it's life...it's used mainly for Sage Accounts...no Mac version...so now when it dies (Ric... taking it upstairs to accidently drop it out of the window...) I can spend my money on an Intel Mac !

I think it will benefit a lot of 'nervous' switchers make the jump to Mac, then they can get the best of both worlds...

Just in case anyone is thinking of doing this...please back up everything first and expect the worst...this is still Beta software...quite a lot of people who have already tried BootCamp have had their drives wiped !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I want to get a intel macbook(not pro) too. Then I can play windows games and use windows "software"(installers for games :) )
Also I bet WoW looks sweet on there.
Even though it is "solo duo" it probably is still really really fast!
plus for most games a lot of the time the windows version(if there even is a mac version) is way cheaper than the mac version.
example - you can find the pc version of halo for like 20$ but the mac version is $50

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm not sure what you mean ?

Do you mean a 'PC Laptop' with an Intel Single Core chip ?

Or do you know something about a new MacBook ? ;-)

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Did you just say tgcujo and pc in the same sentance!
Well you did not but you get the point. Lol just kidding.
Yes the apple macbook :D

Reaction score
am using it on my new mac mini single core
..so far its just windowx xp pro sp 2
no different then from my laptop

Ask a Question