Why did my Mac Airport Drop out when my PC Wireless connected?

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a MAC OSX and a LG Express Dual.

I have a Billion Wireless modem and an Airport.

Here the deal:

I was using the Mac and the Airport fine. Then I bought the LG and tried to connect to the net. Now I can only access the net on the LG through the wireless and the Mac won't connect to the airport even though the signal is fine.

How do I connect to the net using wireless on BOTH computers - mac and pc?

I will send someone a small amount of money if they can help!

Thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

it's all free here...

Does the Mac connect if the PC is turned off?

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Does the internet provider you are with allow you two connect more than one 'computer' to the network?

Can you do some screen grabs from the Mac, copy them onto the PC and post them here...

System Preferences-->Network then grab the settings so we can see how it's set up...or just type them out if easier.

Do you have an Ethernet cable? If you plug it into the Mac and then into the Aiport base station does it connect to the internet?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
We don't have any cables. We really need both mac and pc to be wireless.

Our internet defo allows for two computers to be online at once. But I have never done it with a Mac and a PC - usually just two PCs.

Should my PC be going through the wireless modem and the Mac through the airport?

Thanks.

Ask a Question