What is wrong with iPhoto???

Reaction score
We have used iPhoto for over a year with no problems. We now have more than 4000 pics and now we are having a hard time viewing the large photos within iPhoto browsing.

I can view the pics via Finder, but can't figure out why the "small" pics in Library of iPhoto cannot be viewed as larger pics. When trying to open these files from the small thumbnails, only a gray box with a small '?' shows up.

Also, some of the 'horizontal' pics are able to be viewed but none of the 'vertical' ones appear. Seems to have started around the same time iPhoto got an automatic upgrade. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-clavedog

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

what version of iPhoto are you running ?

..and version of OS X ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
iPhoto - 6.0.6 (322)
Mac OS - 10.4.9

I missed quoted above: the 'horizontal' pics are the ones that don't work.

I think it has to do with backing my pictures up. There were two simultaneous changes. The first was the automatic upgrade to iPhoto 6. The second was backing up our photos to an external drive. Perhaps some of the naming convention was messed up. If this was the case, why would some of the pics (vertical ones) work and others (horizontal) do not?

Ask a Question