What have I done?

Reaction score
I work at a place that has mostly PC's, and my boss told me to start getting familiar with macs because we're deploying more of them. So I inherited a macbook g4, I think it's 12", aluminum and heavy as a brick (and now I"m carrying two laptops around). I used the "startup and hold C key" trick to change the administrator password, but now the only account that is coming up is called appserver. I can't see the other accounts because apparently there is no administrator. I know what I changed teh administrator password to be, and I know what I changed the original user's password to be, and he doesn't even show up now in the list of passwords to change. I have what I'm sure is teh original install disk, but the machine is telling me I can't install. I was going to reinstall and start over; I guess it's not that easy.

so what am I missing?

Oh, and what book should I start out with to learn, coming from PC support, how to use and support Macs?

Ask a Question