What are .mbox files and How do I convert them to .pst?

Reaction score
The first day on the job and I am handed over this job to research some emails. But first I was required to import these .mbox extension files into Windows Outlook. Can anyone let me know what exactly are these .mbox files extensions and how can I convert them into .pst?

Reading online I got some information that .mbox files are apple mail archived files, that's why I posted on this forum. Hoping to get some helpful answers. Thanks

Reaction score
Hi, have a read through the following link for clues:

How to Import MBOX files into Microsoft Outlook PST?

This is a direct link to a third party application which is costing me 39$ for a year. I just need to convert .mbox files to .pst just once. Isn't there any free solutions available for this problem?

Also, following up your link I looked for other references too and found this application http://applemailtopst.com/. The price is the same 39$ but there is no limitation. Please shed your views on this application too. Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I apologise for the confusion, I failed to notice that the manual steps outlined in my link involved using Eudora as a 'middle-man'. I didn't post the link as advice to purchase any 3rd party software.

I'll keep looking for a manual method if it exists ...

Reaction score
You can also migrate MBOX files to Outlook through a Gmail account. But you need a permanent internet connection and the required space in the drive.

Ask a Question