Weird Startup

Reaction score
I have looked for someone with the same problem as me, but I have failed to find anyone. This could be a minor problem, but I am not an expert with macbooks.

I have a macbook, and it has been working quite well for me for, I would say, less than 8 months? anyway, I was just on my computer when I quit the firefox app. I had set my firefox app to "erase all private data when firefox is closed", so it asked me if I wanted to clear all private data right there. I clicked "clear private data" and my comp froze. I tried using the comand to restart it, and then it COMPLETELY froze. after that I held the power button to shut it off, and it did.

When I press the power button to turn it back on, it goes to the blank white screen which would usually then have an apple pop up in the middle. instead, it stays white for a very long time. After a while, what looks like a grey file flashes in the middle of the screen with a question mark in it.

I have tried different ways of messing around with the power and the battery, but nothing seems to work.

please help me.

Ask a Question