Web browser crash problems

Reaction score
In the last few weeks I've suddenly been having massive proglems loading webpages. By default i use safari, though i have firefox installed concurrently just in case. Anyway, starting very recently, when i log into a website such as myspace, or basically anything that has to load some sort of application (flash or anything), it loads halfway almost instantly, not slowly or anything, and then it stops. It stops and then the little rainbow parasol circle starts spinning on my cursor and locks up safari (same thing happens with firefox). It stays like this until i force quit the program. This would at first seem like a specific webpage problem, but it happens everywhere i go now.

so my question is why? when did mac software start having problems like this? does anybody who has come across this have any idea where to start looking for a fix?

im using a macbook 2gz with 1G ram and Mac OS X 10.4.7 (im also running bootcamp, im not sure if this can cause problems on my mac partition though...)

Reaction score
Hello thebale and Welcome!!

You are running 10.4.7 correct? Try running Software Update and upgrade to 10.4.8. See if that fixes your problem. Let us know how it works for you!

Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

when was the last time you restarted?

Update to 10.4.8 as Searay suggests...and let us know how you get on.

Have you tried clearing the caches for Safari and Firefox ?

Have you got much HD space left ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question