Volume help

Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick question. I use iTunes to listen to my music files and have tried other software but still have the same problem. When I put a DVD in and play it the Audio is loud and crisp and I can hear it across the room. But when I am getting ready in the morning I tend to turn my music on so I can hear it and it seems that the mp3 files when played through iTunes and such are much lower in volume. I know with my cell phone there is a hidden setting (hack) to increase the playback volume of such files and I was wondering if the iBook G4's might have something similar becuase I have gone through all the settings that I can find on the Mac and in iTunes and can't find anything other than increasing the volume per song in iTunes song option but that doesn't do much but distort it.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

have you turned up the preamp an the equalizer...there's an extra 12db there.

View Menu-->Show Equalizer

itunes-bumpup.jpg

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric, as always, thank you. Much help.

It seems to be much louder and still remains clear but still doesn't seem to be as loud as movie audio...hmm...oh well better than it was by 10 times...

Ric

Reaction score
No problem,

Glad it helped. An Airport Express, or external speakers will possibly help.

Wifey has an Airport Express and streams all her music through the main Stereo, nice and loud !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question